MSc in Engineering

Study in Brussels

For students who are citizens of non-European Union countries

Formalities in the country of origin

Students who wish to spend more than three months in Belgium must go to the Belgian Embassy in their country of origin to request a provisional residence permit (PRP) for the length of their stay in Belgium. It takes six to eight weeks to obtain. Without a PRP, which is impossible to obtain in Belgium, you will not be able to register with the register of foreign nationals of the Belgian district where you intend to stay, and therefore will be staying illegally in Belgium and will be subject to deportation. To obtain a PRP, you must provide the embassy with:

  • The certificate issued by the host institution which certifies that you are registered as a regular student (a PRP is limited to the length of your studies and is based on this certificate).
  • The proof that you have sufficient means of support.
  • A medical certificate stating that you do not have a disease which could be a risk to public health.
  • A certificate of good character if you are over the age of 21.

Formalities in the host country

You must meet the same conditions for obtaining the right of residence as those required of students who are citizens of the EU and other eligible countries.